The Ray's

Monday, March 28, 2011

Hiking...


A Sunday morning family hike.

Who needs a son when you have a husband?

Chris spent the ENTIRE hike looking under EVERYTHING in search of a scorpion.

Nothing under this rock.

Cute little critter.

We hiked to the very tip of the mountain behind us. We were half way down at this point.

Found this little guy under a garbage can.

Had to pet him.

The girls were awesome and made it to the top with a minimal amount of whining.
No judging!!! I'm packing on the lbs, white girl in full glow, lost all my muscle tone & shouldn't be wearing this outfit that is way too small now.

The baby bump.

Still searching...

he was driving me insane!

Check Chris out in the background. :)

I think our hike went twice as long as it needed to due to this nonsense.

The girls have given up.

Chris' O.C.D. continues.

My future cross-country runner.

Ryleigh too.
However, she ended hers like this...

OUCH!
She was running to see what Chris had found under a rock. It was a centipede. My camera died
(due to all the pics I took of Chris) and I didn't get a picture of that or the scorpion. He finally found one under the very last rock by the parking lot as we were leaving. He got in the car and told the girls...
"That just goes to show you - never give up. If at first you don't succeed try try again."

Oh, how I love this man with all my heart.

3 comments:

Holly said...

It looks soooo warm! Did you know it snowed yesterday? Actually that doesn't surprise me one bit. Heat is cranked on and I still have to take my nightly bath in order to be warm enough to fall asleep. I really like Arizona at times like these!!!! And, miss you! Pictures are darling...

Powers Family said...

Why do I get the feeling that you know what you are having? I think you look fabulous and your outfit is NOT too small. Next time you guys want to find a scorpion, just come on over. I love the lesson he taught the girls though.

Erna said...

I promise we do not know what we are having. I totally think it is a boy but have not had a proof what so ever that it is. Just a feeling. :) We will see in July...